LifeSource by A&D Medical is Committed to Be a Heart Hero for World Heart Day 2019
Mississauga, ON — World Heart Day 2019, organized by the World Heart Federation, will be celebrated on September 29, 2019. Their mission this year is to create a community of Heart Heros that “ensure heart health equity for all.”
In support of the Heart Hero idea, LifeSource by A&D Medical is proud to join the chorus of individuals and companies around the world promising to do the following:
- Cook and eat more healthily, including offering healthy eating tips in our blog and resource center.
- Exercise more and help our children be more active, to say no to smoking and help our loved ones to stop. Check out A&D Medical’s Yoga and other exercise tips for heart health, like Better Heart Health Together, Family Heart Health, and Cold Weather Exercise.
- Help patients give up smoking and lower their cholesterol. Throughout A&D Medical’s website and other consumer content, we remind patients of the risk of smoking, especially as it relates to blood pressure measurements.
- Support policies that promote healthy hearts, such as our More Than a Measurement campaign, our work with Hypertension Canada, and other awareness campaigns around the world.
- Be involved in heart-healthy workplaces, like encouraging our employees to participate in National Wear Red Day and participate in A&D Company employee health challenges.
“As a member of the heart health community, we believe that understanding and influencing personal health metrics, like blood pressure and weight, can empower people around the world to live healthier, more informed lives,” says A&D Medical CEO, Steve Plunkett. “For us, that belief starts by engineering a wide range of connected blood pressure and weight measurement tools that are simple to use and built to last—giving individuals and families an enhanced ability to monitor and exert more control over their personal health.”
From A&D Medical’s Heart to Your Heart, we wish everyone around the world a healthy and happy World Heart Day.