“The most significant differentiator of A&D Weighing is the high quality of its products. Its microbalances, analytical, and precision balances, as well as industrial bench scales have set benchmarks in quality and often last much longer than rival devices,” said Frost & Sullivan Research Director Kiran Unni. “Underscoring its commitment to quality, the company also offers a five-year warranty on most of its balances and scales, which is uncommon in this market.”
A&D Inspection, a new business unit under A&D Weighing, is garnering considerable attention with the launch of innovative inline checkweighers and metal detectors by offering the following key features and customer benefits:
- A newly designed digital load cell and an ultra high-speed processing module, allowing it to deliver an unmatched level of precision weighing and measurement;
- Standard digital inputs and outputs provide high degrees of user flexibility, allowing for HMI interfacing or the connection of external devices, as well as future expansion to the system;
- A high-visibility touch-panel color LCD screen with a user-friendly interface, including an audio guidance support function;
- Easy upload of product images, to make product identification highly efficient;
- Ability to reach speeds of up to 320 pieces per minute;
- Enhanced protection from dust and water to IP65 standards; and
- A modular design, which allows for quick installation or relocation, and simple maintenance.
“Functioning in an intensely competitive market, A&D is aware of the importance of attractive pricing without compromising the accuracy or quality of its products. Very few market competitors can offer comparable price to performance value,” noted Unni. “It achieves this in a number of ways, including standardization. This strategy eliminates the need to customize checkweighers to fit the customers’ location, space, number of process line requirements, and other features.”
In addition to earning accolades as a vendor of quality electronic balances, digital scales, load cells, weighing indicators and controllers, and non-destructive measurement equipment, A&D Weighing stands out for its visionary innovations. It not only updates features and adds options, but also focuses on critical aspects of the user interface and user experience. A&D Inspection is also among the few equipment vendors that have enough inventory to guarantee delivery within a week, instead of the usual six weeks or more.
Another important advantage of A&D’s product lines is its software-based equipment. Hardware is often the most expensive component of weighing systems, which means that maintenance, repairs, calibrations, and replacements will be expensive and time consuming. A&D leverages its deep experience in digital signal processing to keep the hardware simple.
With this product line, A&D has targeted specific market segments such as the food and beverage industry, agriculture, and fresh food processors. It has penetrated new segments, such as automotive and medical device manufacturing, where precision weighing is required to affordably produce precision auto parts or disposable medical devices. Furthermore, it has extended its reach to custom packaging and tapped a wide range of unusual customer segments, such as companies that make commemorative, precious metal coins.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has leveraged competitive intelligence to successfully execute a competitive strategy that results in stronger market share, competitive brand positioning, and customer satisfaction.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About A&D Weighing
A business unit of A&D Engineering and part of the A&D Americas family of businesses, A&D Weighing is based in San Jose, Calif with additional operations in Duluth, GA. Leveraging A&D’s more than 40 years of experience with technology innovation in the development of precision measurement and control products, A&D Weighing provides precise measurement, analysis and quality assurance across critical control points for industries throughout the Americas. For more information on A&D Weighing, please visit http://www.andweighing.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact: Chiara Carella
P: +44 (0) 207.343.8314
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan